Temporary Food Service

Individuals or groups planning to hold events that are open to the public must have a permit. The Rules of the State Board of Health require that a permit to operate a temporary food booth be obtained prior to any food being sold. Each concession must have its own permit.

If you advertise the event with flyers, banners, newspaper articles, or by any other means, it is considered a public event.

A valid permit shall be conspicuously posted in every temporary food service establishment. This helps ensure that the food sold will be as safe as possible. Many outbreaks of foodborne illness have been traced back to food improperly handled at temporary events.

To receive more information regarding temporary and special event requirements, please contact our office at (251) 690-8116 or select documents given on this page.

  • CDC RSS FEED FOR COVID-19 ... More
  • Public Information Officer: J. Mark Bryant, 251.690.8823, mbryant@mchd.org ... More
  • Medical Records (251) 690-8160, Medical Records FAX: (251) 690-8917 ...
  • Non-discrimination Policy/Notice and Language Accessibility Notice ... More
© 2021 MCHD