This is a rapidly evolving situation. We are providing updated information and guidance on our website, as it becomes available. You can also follow MCHD on social media for up-to-date information.


Walk-in COVID-19 testing is available at the the Newburn Building located at 248 Cox St. Mobile, Alabama 36604.

Newburn is available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Testing is free to all ages. Results are provided within 15 to 30 minutes while you wait. No appointments are necessary.

Individuals requesting a molecular test (Abbott ID Now) or a PCR test (through LabCorp) for personal preference or for travel must be tested at Family Health location. Appointments for these specific tests may be made by calling 251-690-8889.


Find out locations offering vaccinations and when to receive your second dose.


WIC’s mission is to increase awareness among postpartum and breastfeeding women and parents/caretakers of participants age 1-5 years of the need to balance food intake and daily physical activity, to promote increasing the intake of fruits and vegetables and to increase awareness of the benefits of breastfeeding.

Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates

Vital Records

You may apply for an Alabama vital record at the main Health Department site in downtown Mobile. It’s easy. Fill out an application at the site and give payment and application to the clerk. You may also download an application and fill it out beforehand.

Restaurant and Food Establishment Program

The Inspection Services Department has environmental health specialists who perform restaurant and food establishment inspections on a routine basis to protect consumers from unsanitary conditions, educate food service employees and to prevent foodborne illnesses.

Each food service establishment must obtain a food permit from the Health Department each year. Any establishment, permanent or temporary, that offers for sale, any unpackaged food product or potentially hazardous packaged product to the public must have a current permit. This permit must be displayed in public view.

Restaurant inspection scores are published in the *Mobile Press-Register every week.

Awards & Accreditations