MCHD vaccine events 5.11 to 5.16
The Mobile County Health Department’s COVID-19 Response Team has several vaccine events scheduled for this week.
All of these clinics will follow a first-come, first-served format. No appointments will be taken.
- On Tuesday, MCHD will conduct a first-dose vaccine event at Citronelle High School (8200 Lebaron Avenue) from 1 to 5 p.m. This will offer the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. This is approved for anyone ages 16 and older.
- On Friday, MCHD will conduct a first-dose vaccine event during Art Walk at the Mobile Downtown Alliance building (261 Dauphin Street) from 4 to 7 p.m. This will offer the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. This is approved for anyone ages 16 and older.
- On Saturday, MCHD will conduct a first-dose vaccine event at the Nova Espresso coffee shop (306 Saint Anthony Street) from 8 to 11 a.m. This will offer the Pfizer mRNA vaccine. This is approved for anyone ages 16 and older.
- On Friday, MCHD will be at Blount High School (5450 Lott Road in Prichard) from 2 to 6 p.m. This will be for those who got their first dose of Pfizer mRNA vaccine on or before April 23.
- On Sunday, MCHD will be at the Downtown Mobile Alliance building (261 Dauphin Street) from 2 to 4 p.m. This will be for those who got their first dose of the Moderna mRNA vaccine on or before April 18.
Those coming for their second-dose booster shot should bring the CDC vaccination card that was presented to them after their primary shot. If you no longer have the card, please be prepared to wait for the MCHD staff to retrieve your information from the statewide vaccination system.
As a reminder, MCHD will begin offering first-dose vaccines at the Newburn Health Center (248 Cox Street in Mobile) starting tomorrow. Pfizer will be offered Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Moderna will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For those wishing to make an appointment to receive COVID-19 vaccine, MCHD is now offering first- dose and second-dose Moderna vaccinations at several of its Family Health locations conveniently located throughout Mobile County. To secure a time to receive the shot, please call 251-690-8889.
To learn the latest on MCHD’s vaccine events, visit www.MCHDcares.com or call 251-410- MCHD (6243).